When the presenters are speaking, please mute yourself and turn off your video. This will help to improve the quality of the connection and reduce any background noise/interference. Turning off your video will not stop you from seeing what is going on. Any questions you have can be posted in the chat.
Using the guidance below
- Please click on the icon for the device you’ll be using on the day. This will take you to step-by-step guidance on how to use Zoom.
- If the guidance has multiple steps, you will see arrows appear when you hover over the image. Please use these to scroll through the steps.
- You can enlarge the images by clicking on them.
- You can close an enlarged image by clicking where the screen is darker.
- Breakout room definition: Breakout rooms are sessions that are split off from the main Zoom meeting. They allow the participants to meet in smaller groups, and are completely isolated in terms of audio and video from the main session.
If you have any questions before the Conference or if you have any trouble joining us on the day, please email [email protected]
I’M JOINING THE CONFERENCE ON A…
Installing the Zoom app on desktop
Once you have installed Zoom, please go to this section of the support page.
If you can’t download Zoom, follow the steps below to join from your browser.
Turning on your microphone and video after joining from your browser
Opening chat when joining from browser
Changing your name when joining from browser
LAPTOP / COMPUTER with the Zoom app
Joining the Conference by dialling in
- Call the number in the invitation email sent 24 hours before the Conference from your landline or mobile
- Enter the Meeting ID and press #
- Ignore the option to enter a participant ID
- Enter the Meeting Passcode and press #
- Wait until the host lets you in
- NB: Phone dial in is audio only